LED lighting has a variety of uses, from lighting highways and parking lots to football stadiums and office buildings.
You will get countless benefits from using the LED bulb for garage door opener.
Many people worry that using an LED bulbs will interfere with the radio transmissions of their remote control to the garage door sensor or that it limits the range of its use.
However, there are LED bulbs that eliminate the problem by cloaking the electromagnetic fields caused by the lights.
Table of Contents
- Features of Garage Door Opener LED Bulb
- 5 Best LED light bulbs for garage door opener 2021
- 5. MIRACLE LED - Best For Garage Door/Shop/Fan Light Bulb
- 4. TORCHSTAR - Best Garage Door Opener LED Bulb
- 3. Hamilton Hills LED Light bulb - Only For Garage
- 2. Grimaldi Lighting - Best for Indoor
- 1. GENIE - Best For Garage Door Openers
- Benefits of LED light bulb
- Lumen & Wattage Comparison of LED & Incandescent bulb
- Last Words
Features of Garage Door Opener LED Bulb
Sometimes we do not understand what bulbs we will use. Because garage door opener led light bulb are little different from home using bulb. We can not fit home uses bulb in the garage. There have many warnings to use the bulb in the garage.
Some problems point out below :
- Radio Interference: Garage door opener technology uses a frequency spectrum range between 300-400 MHz (Wikipedia).
- Vibration: Due to shutter or any reason the door does vibrate. Must use Door Lubricant for removing noise or vibrate.
- Temperature: Damp location and cold weather
I think you understand now; you will have to buy bulbs after seeing all of the issues. Otherwise, there will be no other way except to throw the bulb in the car trash can.
The specialty of the bulb that fits the garage door opener :
To get started with good led bulb, from the market here are listed:
5 Best LED light bulbs for garage door opener 2021
5. MIRACLE LED - Best For Garage Door/Shop/Fan Light Bulb
This bulb saves a lot of energy with its minimal consumption of just 12 watts of power. Also, it doesn’t dissipate heats. Moreover, it is one of the finest bulbs in the market today and can withstand extreme environmental conditions. It has a wide of applications. For instance, it can be used in the garage, in homes and also in shops or in places that experience high vibrations that may damage the normal bulbs.
- It dissipates no or minimal heat thus making it safe.
- It does not produce any substance that may pollute the environment this making it eco-friendly.
- It is resistant to vibrations and shocks. This enables it to withstand the continuous vibrations on the garage door opener.
- It is energy saving this is because of its low consumption per hour. This makes it efficient and the best to be used.
- Last but not the least, it is long-lasting. This facilitates the reduction in cost.
4. TORCHSTAR - Best Garage Door Opener LED Bulb
It is currently best led light bulb for garage door opener in the market. It is designed in a way that it reduces radio frequency effects and it fits most major garage . It has no flickers or hummers making it suitable for operation garage.
- It has less interference because it is resistant to impact and vibrations.
- It has a good performance. This is because it’s of high quality and also durable.
- It suits humid and damp conditions and locations.
- It’s noise free and causes no disturbances. It is built in a way that it eliminates radio frequencies making it have a smooth operation.
- It’s so bright despite its low power consumption of just 15 watts with a light intensity of 1600lm and enables clear vision. This makes it an energy saving bulb with high efficiency.
- It illuminates all they the area they are supposed to. This includes all angles. This provides a clear and a better vision making it the best.
- It is long lasting and can last up to 18 years. This helps in reducing the replacement costs and maintenance.
- It is eco-friendly. This is because it is free from mercury and ultraviolet lights which may affect your vision.
3. Hamilton Hills LED Light bulb - Only For Garage
What we see before buying led light for garage door opener? Radio interference, vibration resistance and temperature control. Right? Then this 10w LED bulb has all features. Hamilton Hills Brand made this for the only garage door. So they think about all issues of garage door opener for that blindly we can pick for garage.
- Super Bright Light better than yellow incandescent.
- Hamilton Hills is the best brand for LED light bulb.
- 25,000 hour lifetime, it remarkably extends time.
- The color looks mostly like 60 W incandescent bulb.
- This is noise and flickers free.
- No radio interference
- Vibrate resistance and weather temperature controlling bulb.
2. Grimaldi Lighting - Best for Indoor
In the cheap garage light bulbs led, this bulb has come in the market for garage door opener. The feature of this bulb is that there will be no problem in the vibration because this is Vibration Resistant which is perfect for garage door bulb.
- Power Saving. The output of this light is equal to a 40W incandescent bulb.
- Can be used in the refrigerator.
- If you do not like it, you can replace it, but you should ask before.
- Protects from vibrate because its made Vibration Resistant
- According to product guide, this bulb will last for 20 years.
- 40W incandescent bulb equal to this 5w bulb.
1. GENIE - Best For Garage Door Openers
The genie led bulb is one of the best light bulbs for garage. Its design specifically fits the garages. Usually, they are made to reduce disturbances at the openers on the garage doors.
- Compared to the traditional LED bulbs that produce noise that affects radio frequencies, the genie LED bulb is noise free and it does not affect radio frequencies.
- Also, it’s built in a way that they suites the extreme environment in the garages.
- It illuminates a damp garage to low-level temperatures of -30C because they are made in such a way that they are cold tested and damp locations rated.
- In addition, it can also condone shaking forces caused by the vibration of the garage door and thus restrain it from breakage. This is because it is made from materials which are resistant to vibration and shatter.
- Moreover, it is made in a way that they can suit any major garage doors.
- Lastly, it’s efficient in providing energy and can operate for up to approximately 3 years. It depends on local utilities. It saves energy despite being very bright and only uses 60 watts of power.
- Everyone who is using is relatively happy, but Amazon has some negative reviews.
- It is hard to install because the manual doesn’t outline clearly on how to install.
Benefits of LED light bulb
- Resistant – LED bulbs are strong enough to endure weather extremes. This makes a difference when you live in areas that can be very hot during the summer or exceptionally cold throughout the winter. Many bulbs are tested to withstand temperatures as cold as -30 Fahrenheit. They are also good at handling the dampness caused from long rains and high humidity.
- Durability – Incandescent lights are easily broken, especially after they have sat in the cold for several hours before turning on again. One shake can break the light. However, LED bulbs can easily withstand the rough vibrations caused by the opening and closing of heavy garage doors. In this case, there is no need to worry about glass shattering from heavy shaking regardless of how long it has sat unused.
- Efficiency – These LED bulbs are very energy efficient as well. There is a noticeable difference between the amounts of wattage they use compared to the electricity usage of other normal household items. A halogen light uses 40 watts of electricity, and a curling iron will use far more – 150 watts. A toaster oven takes as much as 1200 watts to power. Most LED bulbs for garage will use as little as 10 watts of electricity.
- Saving You Money – Because many of these light reduce use a low amount of lumens to emit light, they use less power. This translates into more savings on your utility bill. Moreover, even if the lumens are as low as 300, an LED will still provide extreme brightness that is sufficient enough to light your entire garage.
- Longevity – LED bulbs last far longer than normal fluorescent bulbs. In fact, the LED bulbs will last as much as 25% longer. The average shelf life for LED bulbs, with the assumption that they are used two to three hours per day, is as long as 25,000 hours. No need to worry about changing the bulb every two months.
- Mild Temperature – LED lighting emits very little heat. This quality is particularly important. Regular bulbs contain air. When that air grows cold, the heat from the copper wire can cause the bulb to expand rapidly. This, in turn, will burst the glass or increase its susceptibility to breakage.
- No Worries About House Fires – Incandescent bulbs, if left on for even a minute, will scorch a finger or two if you touch one. These traditional bulbs use as much as 75 watts of electricity, so the heat they emit can grow extremely hot. If placed close to flammable materials like plastics or cloth, one bulb could cause a house fire. Because LED remains relatively cool, there is little concern regarding fires.
Lumen & Wattage Comparison of LED & Incandescent bulb
The chart in below you can get the comparison of LED and Incandescent light bulbs. And LED is the more energy saving and long lasting than other CFL, Incandescent.
|Lumens (Brightness)||LED Watts||Incandescent Watts|
|400 – 500||6-7W||40W|
|650 – 850||7 – 10W||60W|
|1000 – 1400||12 – 13W||75W|
|1450-1700+||14 – 20W||100W|
|2700+||25 – 28W||150W|
It was quite amusing to research 5 best LED light bulbs for garage door opener; still, it was considerably difficult as each bulb has its unique features and I had to research with dozens of LED light bulbs and take into lots of factors to come to this conclusion.
At the end of the roundup, I am confident enough to say that I have been able to make sure almost all the LED light bulbs that are available in the market. Of course, there is going to be lots of recommendations from other websites, but I can only say what I found to be excellent and effective. In case you think the list could have had more options added, feel free to let us know your advice and opinions on the comment section, and we would love to test them for you.